Zimmermania

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Swatching and Ripping

I've decided to go for a really basic sweater for this KAL. I'm a long-time knitter, but I've just moved from Southern California to Northern Virginia and I need some warm clothes before the Autumn reallly kicks in. My most likely candidate is The Weekend Sweater from Wool Gathering #65, but I may change my mind to another construction from Knitting without Tears once I get started.

For yarn, I'm going to using some Knit Picks Andean Treasure in Lilac. I have a couple untouched balls that I'm using to swatch, and a uncompleted shawl that I will frog. I've never finished anything in this yarn and I'm worried it might be a little hot, so I'm swatching on rather large needles compared with what the band recommends. Does anyone have experience with this yarn as pullover? Its %100 Alpaca.

1 Comments:

  • I can't attest to the yarn, but I've been living in Arlington Virginia since the Ford administration.

    And the looser gauge is a great idea!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home